Escape the Crowds, Skip the Line and Picnic like a King!
Why walk with the crowds & stand in line when you can ride a bike & skip the line? Join us to ride, taste & explore on this truly memorable day trip. On our 5* rated tour explore the Château, gardens & fountains, indulge in French market treats at the 2018 Paris market of the year & discover secret places seen by few tourists and even unknown to Parisians! Ideal for foodies, inquisitive adventurers & story lovers looking to escape the crowds and see the very best of Versailles.
Join our passionate, entertaining licensed guides to learn all the gossip & scandalous tales of the French Royal Family and the French Revolution. Versailles has a way of capturing the hearts of all who visit. We love it so much that we moved here. We hope you'll love it too.
This tour is run with the belief that the best way to truly experience the Château and 2,000 acres of breath-taking royal gardens is with a perfect combination of quality bikes, small groups, licensed guides, wine & delicous food.
To escape the hustle and bustle of the city we take the train to Versailles, then hop on bikes to explore our beautiful town, to eat crêpes, wine taste & shop like locals for a French picnic lunch. Our bikes are super comfortable and easy to ride, so you can cover more ground & see what most travellers miss. We then ride through the breath-taking Royal Gardens, admire Louis' fountains, indulge in French market treats whilst hearing all the gossip & scandalous tales of the French Revolution & Royal Family.
The story of Versailles is full of personalities, from a high heel wearing, ballet dancing Sun King, & Marie Antoinette, to the legend that was Napoleon. Meanwhile, this is no dull history lecture! All our guides are licensed, really know their stuff, have a masters in French history, native English speakers and lots of fun. Our Qualifications also enable us to skip the lines & guide you inside the Château.
Having worked up an appetite we then lay out our authentic French picnic lunch by the Grand Canal, overlooking the spectacular Château. There is no better place to sip wine & relax in the sun! Post picnic we Skip the Line to explore the Château State Rooms, King's bedroom & famous Hall of Mirrors.
Be prepared to taste local food & picnic like a royal in the sun! If you are looking for a unique experience, out of the city, away from hoards of tourists, and want to make the most of your time in Versailles- look no further than this day trip!
We look forward to showing you one of our favourite places!
GOOD TO KNOW:
- START TIME: 8:30AM
- MEETING POINT: Near Notre Dame
- TOUR DURATION: 8 HOURS (APPROX)
- CHÂTEAU ENTRY AND SKIP THE LINE ACCESS INCLUDED
- RETURN TRAIN TICKETS INCLUDED
- OUR BIKES ARE LOCATED IN VERSAILLES (so you won't have to worry about wrestling them on and off the train)
- A GREAT DAY FOR ALL AGES (bikes of all sizes & kids bikes available)
- SHOP AT A FRENCH FARMER'S MARKET (VOTED BEST PARIS REGION MARKET 2018)
- RIDE THE ROYAL FOREST & EXPANSIVE GROUNDS
- EXPLORE THE ROYAL GARDENS & FOUNTAINS
- DISCOVER MARIE ANTOINETTE'S HAMLET & THE TRIANONS
- PICNIC ALONG THE GRAND CANAL
- ENJOY PREMIER GUIDING OF THE GARDENS & INSIDE CHÂTEAU
- LEARN ABOUT THE FRENCH REVOLUTION & ROYAL FAMILY WITH A HIPSTER HISTORIAN